Redpaper: Best Practices in SOA Management
March 13, 2007 Leave a comment
There’s a new SOA Redpaper in town: Best Practices in SOA Management, with one of my teammates, Moji Trasti, as co-author.
SOA management provides best practices and software for managing and monitoring SOA composite applications and supporting infrastructure.
This IBM Redpaper focuses on the following aspects of SOA management:
– Introduction to the key concepts of SOA management.
– Best practices for defining non-functional requirements and SLAs.
– Guidance on how to identify what resources should be managed at the time of the solution analysis and design, and by discovery in the runtime.
– How to build an integrated Tivoli Monitoring Server – Enterprise Portal (TEP) console to manage and monitor resources for SOA composite applications using ITCAM products.
– How to verify the monitoring functionality by performing an application walkthrough and triggering the monitoring conditions.
– How to create an SLA and report in Tivoli Service Level Advisor.
Happy reading! :-)