Overridding a Web Services Endpoint at Runtime in WebSphere ESB 6.0.1
November 21, 2006 8 Comments
Let’s say that you’ve developed a mediation module for WebSphere ESB 6.0.1 that contains a Web Services import (SOAP/HTTP). You’ve exported it from WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) as a .ear, but you realise, after deploying your application onto your runtime server, that you need it to point at a different Web Services endpoint (perhaps a different server). Here’s how you change it:
- Go to the administrative console for your server.
- Select ‘Applications/Enterprise Applications’.
- Select the application (mediation module) that contains the import in question.
- Select ‘EJB Modules’.
- Select the EJB module from the list (there will be only one).
- Select ‘Web services client bindings’.
- Under ‘Port Information’, click ‘Edit…’.
- In the ‘Overridden Endpoint URL’ box, you should see the current endpoint – as defined in WID. Change that to the URL you want, click OK, save your changes and restart your server.